The Living Room

Wordle: living room

Thursday, April 16, 2009

April Showers....are Portland Standard

Hello, loves.

The best part about this here is that I'm typing this here from my brand new lap-top. Every purchase that I make that I consider an "adult" purchase, in the most innocent sense of that word, mind you, still makes me a little giddy inside. That's probably why I'm not a real adult, yeah?

Brand new lappy came out of his Costco box about three hours ago. Yeah, I'm that girl-the one who buys her electronics from the only store where one would buy five gallons of soy sauce, or a gross of toilet paper, or a giant inflatable castle-waterslide-funtimes-bouncehouse (which.....may be another "adult" purchase sometime over the summer. Cass thinks it's gonna cost like, $100, but she wouldn't go check the price for me, and I think it can't be more than five or six hundred. And I might be shocked, it might be under four hundred).

In more legitimate news, I'm still working for Delphinas, even if a little grudgingly. I love that I have a job, basically. And it's paying me well. In the state with the highest unemployment in the country, I can't complain too much.

Wynkoop's House for Women is getting going. I volunteered at the women's facility where most of our permanent residents may come from this week, and I'm very excited about the connections, resources, and all-around knowledge I'm gaining. I should have a roomie to be another house manager by September, and there's been rumors of summer interns, although we'll see how that goes. The struggles with our new project are numerous. It's a new project, for one. And with our pastor down for the count for a few weeks because of some surgery, our house is ever-so-slightly on a back burner for the moment. There's a lot of paperwork and logistics to sort through here. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's God's stuff, the house, my actual stuff, my skills, my job, my family and friends, the way my relationships with everyone play out, my time, and everything else. It's all God's stuff....and he's got it under control, much better than I ever could.

Prayers are much appreciated.

Peace,
-M

1 comment:

molls said...

1.) if you buy a castle, that's where I'm sleeping if I come to visit you.
2.) I cannot wait to see how God grows you through this house thing. Every time I think about it, I'm re-amazed at the extraordianary experience you're getting into. prayers are very much on your way.
3.) make me toffee....